Where I am Now has moved, searching new verylegendaryee...

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

And Theeeeeeeeeeeen....

So October 2007 I found out I was pregnant, and scheduled my first apt, the day of my apt I miscarried. November 30th I think. We decided not to tell people I was pregnant in case this happened. I wasnt completely heart broken but more traumatized. I realize now, I really REALLY hate the doctors and have a hard time with any procedure Ive never done before. So the internal ultrasound was painful and icky and I cried. I went to work the next day and had to cover the work load of a friend that just left for maternity leave. A little ironic. I got over it, but it all got me thinking...I want to have kids, but I want to be home with them and I cant do that at this job, so something needs to change. I dont know when the idea popped into my head but "IT" popped into my head...If I switch to the IT field I will be able to work from home. I heard a commercial for a school on the radio, and checked it out and spoke with the school and decided to give it a week to decide. While deciding,  I went to the movies and saw Charlie Wilsons War. Now you might think Im floopy but it was because of this movie that I decided to just go for it...I thought, "they didnt hem and haw about what to do, they just did" So NATURALLY I applied the rules of war to me switching careers and putting ourselves into more school debt KNOWING I can be a stay at home mom if I work in IT. So I enrolled and started classes in January 2008.

0 comments :

Post a Comment