So today is the start of Lent.
I never practiced Lent before. I thought it was something Catholics did and to me didn’t seem to be relevant in my life.
This year I came to some conclusions.
One of them is that I don’t want to waste the time God has given me.
This year I have been given a gift from God…Time home with my baby.
I was 99% sure that I would have a job where I would work from home and successfully juggle work, motherhood, wifedom and whatever else there is out there.
Wellllll, I still don’t have a job…my plan has NOT gone the way I planned it out it AT ALL!
So I'm home with my baby and I love it…and I don’t want to waste it.
I want to hear from God anything he might be saying to me.
I want to be ready for anything God has planned for me.
So I had to remove a big distraction…TV.
This year, during the Lent season, I am not turning the TV on until 630pm…(that’s when World News with Brian Williams comes on :)
I am left with less noise in the house.
Which leaves me with some thoughts…I need to curb my thoughts and be sure that I am thinking of things that God wants me to think about too.
I'm hoping and praying that during this time, I grow and am at least a little bit of better person in the end…somehow.
Are you abstaining from anything this year?
If you liked this...clicky click click below...

Want to make a tribute book...email me...

why am i the only one commenting?!?! now i not only look like a blogger but a stalker now too... and c'mon... its bad enough that you suck me in to make me read these with your interest capturing titles... but seriously dude it says if you like this "clicky,click, click" below. for real?
ReplyDeleteso i grew up catholic and giving stuff up for lent was always an important part of my relationship with God, i took it pretty serious, but even after i left the catholic church i kept up the tradition of lent. still do.
What a great idea, Tiff! I don't watch a ton of television, but sometimes I have it on in the background or I have music playing. It seems like there is always some sort of noise. But I like the idea of quietness... how much do we really miss with all the over-stimulation we have today?!
ReplyDelete@jeff harkins
ReplyDeleteDont hate! Participate! LOL
@Kelly
ReplyDeleteits true...yesterday wasnt so bad, but today I missed the noise...