Where I am Now has moved, searching new verylegendaryee...

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Learnin’ N Returnin’ Thanks


I am thankful for…

~Our Country-Ive never been outside of the country, but I think I have some appreciation for what we have that other countries don’t.  We can worship as we choose, we can speak out against the government as we choose and if you work hard you can do almost anything. I am very grateful for all those things!
~Skype- Its much more fun to talk via skype than on the phone. And you get to see you friends new life, not just hear about it.
What have I learned this week…
~I REALLY avoid confrontation or telling people how I really feel. I knew this about me, but I didn’t realize how it really is causing me more trouble later on down the road. Not BIG trouble, just annoying trouble. For Example, Someone has been trying to get me in on a independent consulting business. Ive been down that road, and I don’t think I want to do it again. But instead of telling this person that I am not interested, I just listen and avoid…and NOW, well its been months of phone calls and invites and this person efforts could have been put elsewhere instead of on me, if only I just told them NO from the beginning.
What surprised me…I carried a Watermelon?
~How much watermelon one watermelon really provides. I never bought one before. I felt like “Baby” from Dirty Dancing carrying it to my car. The phrase “I carried a watermelon” just kept repeating itself over and over in my head. Well I cut in fourths, and its been a week and we only ate one fourth. I don’t know what to do with all this watermelon! Em and I are going to be watermeloned out before August.
What I am readin’…
~I finally finished “The Element” I kinda just skimmed the end as it was a lot of the same. It was a decent read, a lot of inspirational stories of successful people and how they came across their passion in life. Some were young, some were old, most didn’t do well in school because it was too structured and money helps but isnt a requirement to find your passion. It was encouraging and I am just praying for inspiration and opportunities to find my “passion”. Ive always been a little envious of people that knew exactly what they wanted to do and pursued it. BUT its not too late…maybe I will have many “passions”

0 comments :

Post a Comment