Where I am Now has moved, searching new verylegendaryee...

Saturday, June 30, 2012

I DIM! Tot Style

To beat the heat we are staying indoors. I even brought Em's new water table into the kitchen because I couldn't handle sitting next to her on the porch while she played. For an additional activity we experimented with making SLIME!!! I got the idea from pinterest, but the recipe called for liquid starch! I don't know ANYONE that has liquid starch in their home ready to use. So I found another recipe online here. The end result was less like slime and more like soupy play-dough, but it was still kinda fun to play with and less toxic too. 
The recipe was pretty simple...
1 Cup of Warm Water, 1 Cup of Corn Starch, mix with a "wooden spoon" .
 I do not have a wooden spoon but I think I need to get one as I keep coming across recipes that don't want me using my plastic serving spoons to mix...not sure why. 
She kept saying "Yucky...Boop!" Mimicking mom picking it up and plopping it on the table. 



Em paints her nails with her "slime"
Its supposed to keep for a week, We will see. 

UPDATE!!!
The Goopy Slime DID NOT Keep in the zip lock bag. It turned a splotchy type of green and started to separate a little. So I tossed it. We have moved on to store bought Play-dough :)

If you were looking for government secrets here. Alas you were misled.







0 comments :

Post a Comment