Here is my latest.
I loved the idea of this pin...
| Source |
A fun make up board where you can see all your make up and its not sprawled out all over your dresser.
1)It called for a frame. PASS!
2)She bought metal from a hardware store and had them cut it...FAIL I am not going to go to the hardware store and ask them to cut metal, it seems like too much work and I would feel dumb.
3)Spray adhesive and fabric is needed...DOUBLE FAIL! I'm on a roll now.
Since I couldn't follow through with steps 2 and 3 I decided to go rogue and do my own thing. So I went to the dollar store and found a circle cooking sheet that was magnetic! PASS!
| Magnetic cookie sheet from Dollar Store with dents. |
I then spray painted it to match our bedroom decor.
But wait, the color that actually sprays out doesn't really match the lid and doesn't really match our bedroom at all. Eh...PASS!
4)Hot Glue and Magnets...PASS!
I start to glue the magnets to my make-up and stick them to the pan but alas, its too heavy for the dollar store pan or the paint is too thick, I don't know what the deal was...the make-up kept falling off the pan. FAIL FAIL FAIL!
Sigh.
Well, I cant let my hard work go to waste. So I stick the pan to side of Em's kitchen set and we stick her letters to it and what do you know it works! PASS!
| Magnetic Letter Board |
Look how she actually smiled for the picture! I am super mom again. PASS!
Happy Pinning People!
Happy Pinning People!
good improvising! Em looks so cute!
ReplyDeletei bought a sheet of radiator cover metal at home depot & cut it myself. I dont know if it's as strong as the metal they're looking for in your pin, but it's pretty, so you probably wouldn't need to cover it in fabric :) The decoration on it made it easy to just bend it & then tear it. It was like it was perforated.
You could try a cookie sheet, not from the dollar store! Hehe :) Em does look really happy with the letter sheet! And Pinterest fails... yeah that's happened to me! lol
ReplyDelete-Madi
www.acreativeadventure.blogspot.com