Part 2
So I really didn’t have any concept of time. The digital clock under the TV was stuck at 5:24. So Im pretty sure it is 5:24 all the time. In reality its probably 9am on Friday June 18th. I know this because the World Cup games have started and there is a droning in the speakers of my bed. A lot of people complained about the Vuvuzelas during the game, but I found them kind of soothing. Kinda like white noise while I labored. People teased my husband that he somehow got me into labor so that he would be able to watch the games. So Im laboring and laboring and the first game ends. Then a PGA game comes on. Coincidently this seems to be the most painful part of labor. Husband is massaging my feet REALLY HARD! A tip he got from a girlfriend. It was a good distraction from the contractions. Now they keep asking me when my water broke and I keep telling them that it hasn’t. So they go in to break it with the needle with a hook!!!! AH! And what do you know…my water was already broken. I don’t know when it happened, but apparently it did. Now the Doc REALLY wants to put me on Pitocin. I say “NO”, She says “2 more hours”. My nurse did not have warm bedside manner but she was efficient. I try laboring in different positions. They are getting strong now. Finally I say to my husband in tears “I cant do this anymore, Please let me get the drugs” The nurse comes in and what do you know…Its time to PUSH! I did it! I made it through labor without the drugs!!!! So just a few pushes and the baby should be here soon. HOORAY…then the 2nd World Cup game starts and Vuvuzelas continue. Ahhhhh. So soothing.
To Be Continued
Part 1
So I really didn’t have any concept of time. The digital clock under the TV was stuck at 5:24. So Im pretty sure it is 5:24 all the time. In reality its probably 9am on Friday June 18th. I know this because the World Cup games have started and there is a droning in the speakers of my bed. A lot of people complained about the Vuvuzelas during the game, but I found them kind of soothing. Kinda like white noise while I labored. People teased my husband that he somehow got me into labor so that he would be able to watch the games. So Im laboring and laboring and the first game ends. Then a PGA game comes on. Coincidently this seems to be the most painful part of labor. Husband is massaging my feet REALLY HARD! A tip he got from a girlfriend. It was a good distraction from the contractions. Now they keep asking me when my water broke and I keep telling them that it hasn’t. So they go in to break it with the needle with a hook!!!! AH! And what do you know…my water was already broken. I don’t know when it happened, but apparently it did. Now the Doc REALLY wants to put me on Pitocin. I say “NO”, She says “2 more hours”. My nurse did not have warm bedside manner but she was efficient. I try laboring in different positions. They are getting strong now. Finally I say to my husband in tears “I cant do this anymore, Please let me get the drugs” The nurse comes in and what do you know…Its time to PUSH! I did it! I made it through labor without the drugs!!!! So just a few pushes and the baby should be here soon. HOORAY…then the 2nd World Cup game starts and Vuvuzelas continue. Ahhhhh. So soothing.
To Be Continued
Part 1
0 comments :
Post a Comment