Part 3
One of the worst feelings in the world is going against your body, My body was trying SO hard to push this baby out and I wanted to push SOoooooo bad but the nurse had me wait to push until the doctor got there. I think I went through 3 contractions of NOT pushing until the doctor gave her go ahead.
One of the worst feelings in the world is going against your body, My body was trying SO hard to push this baby out and I wanted to push SOoooooo bad but the nurse had me wait to push until the doctor got there. I think I went through 3 contractions of NOT pushing until the doctor gave her go ahead.
So we started pushing…
With each contraction I pushed 3 or so times and not a lot was happening. I think the doctor and nurse got bored in between contractions and they would walk away or tinker with the machine or write in a folder. I don’t know what they are doing, but I wish they would stay close.
In the meantime my legs are up and I am NOT in the most conversation friendly position, but never the less the nurse asks me a question.
“So what’s your nationality?”
Really...Now... In between contractions with my WHO-HAH all exposed?
(Side Note- I do look racially ambiguous, but Im just Caucasian with olive skin and “prominent” facial features…Whatever that means. I am OFTEN asked about my nationality, just not while naked. )
I just close my eyes and refuse to answer. Husband graciously answers for me and explains the same, but he does it with a smile.
More contractions. More pushing. More contractions. More pushing. That’s okay because it is still only 524.
The Doctor comes back and examines then she says…
“So what’s your nationality”
You-have-got-to-BE KIDDING ME!!! NOW!!! TWICE!!! IM TRYING TO PUSH ANOTHER RACIALLY AMBIGOUS HUMAN BEING OUT OF MY “HEY NANNI NANNI” AND YOU ARE GOING TO ASK ME ABOUT THIS NOW!!!
I close my eyes and respond the same…nothing. Husband and Nurse both fill doctor in on the previous conversation and decide its best to move on. Thank You.
Sometime after, I don’t know, its still only 524...the Doctor says,
“Okay its time to get this baby out”

0 comments :
Post a Comment