Part 4
“Its Time to get this baby out” says the doctor.
“Its Time to get this baby out” says the doctor.
The Nurse handed her a mask and she declined.
(Did I mention the tray of baby extracting tools? DO NOT look at the tray of instruments. I didn’t. All I know is that they were metal and shiny and sharp looking!)
Contraction comes and I push, I take a breath and push, I take another breath and push.
“AGAIN” says the doctor.
I breathe out through my mouth with my teeth clenched and a full spray of spittle comes shooting out of my mouth all over my unmasked doctor’s face.
The nurse asks “Are you sure you don’t want a mask?”
“Sorry” I mutter.
“Okay PUSH”
Husband is cheering me on, which is surprisingly helpful. Any encouragement to keep going really really helps.
“PUSH” says nurse
“Don’t PUSH” says Doctor
“DON’T PUSH?!” I say
“Okay PUSH” says Doctor
I push, and a female says “OH MY GOD” I don’t think I said it, but why would the nurse? I definitely don’t think it was the doctor. But it didn’t sound like it came from me! Someone says “OH My GOD” and they give me my baby and put her on my chest.
I still remember her little face and her little eyes looking at me.
She is here. The labor is over and she is here.
Then I look her over and HOLY MOLY that is one HAIRY SHOULDER!!!
She is here.
My life begins.
“What’s her name” asks the nurse.
Husband and I look at each other…”we don’t know yet”
0 comments :
Post a Comment