I was never terribly sentimental. I definitely cried, but usually out of anger or hurt feelings, rarely out of sentiment. This year though, I find myself getting a little teary at the very stuff I would have teased my mom about when she got teary.
Example: Yesterday, I was watching the Royal Wedding.
Here come the VIPs and celebrities.
Oh look at those crazy hats.
What will Kate’s dress look like…blah blah blah.
Then William and Harry arrive and I started to cry a little!
What is this…What is happening?
It just really touched me how close these two boys men are.
During all the hype of the wedding, I kept hearing comparisons to Dianna and Charles Wedding, Dianna and Charles marriage and Dianna’s Funeral. But seeing them walk together, smiling and even joking together a little really touched me.
They seem so close.
They have to be.
Their mom is gone.
How sad for them.
I think that is why the world seems to love them so much or at least have a vested interest.
People in general really want the best for those two, because one of the worst things that could happen to a person happened to them and the whole world was watching.
Then the rest of the party arrived.
And we saw Kates dress.
And we saw them kiss.
Blah blah blah, It was beautiful.
So yeah, I think a combo of turning 30 and becoming a mum has changed me a tad.

0 comments :
Post a Comment