Where I am Now has moved, searching new verylegendaryee...

Monday, August 15, 2011

Learnin’ and Returnin’ Thanks

I am Thankful because…

1) Despite our car troubles we were able to continue on and the Lord provides a way for us always!

2) Working from home is becoming a reality!

3)We live in our tiny apartment. Our home buying dreams are on-hold still. I’ve been praying to find the secret to contentment. And it is slowly coming. I don’t hate our apartment anymore!

What I have learned this week…

Resentment and Anger give the offender power over you. So let go of the anger and resentment and the need to see justice. Too much energy and thought on these things just feeds it and makes it stronger.

Oh yeah, and you can patch a tire! I thought once it went flat it was done. The Tire Lives On and we get to keep a few hundred a little longer!

What surprised me…

1)I don’t love dancing at weddings anymore. Am I getting older or have I just been to enough that doing the same 6 dances have lost their appeal. But don’t get me wrong, I may be getting older but I am still fun DANG IT!

2)I am much more sentimental when it comes to kids on TV or movies.  I just saw The Help. MAN ALIVE I was crying like a little baby. So, unless you are a robot or a racist or a racist robot this movie will get you.

What I am readin’…

BossyPants by Tina Fey. Its really funny but kinda crass. I don’t recommend it to the youngins’. If there was a made for TV movie about my life, I would want Tina Fey to play me. She is smart and pretty and silly and hilarious.

You might be thinking to yourself “Geez, Tiff, Relax. You are only a couple of those things…on a good day!”

To those people I say…”Shut Up, you don’t have a TV movie about your life…I DO and I can have anyone I want play me and how I won the Oscar, the Emmy and the Dancing with the Stars disco ball all in year at the age of 31 whilst having amnesia. What did you do? What, Nothing…that’s right!”

3 comments :

  1. Contentment is hard to find... I think that's one of those things that we CONSTANTLY have to find, but if we continue to make a practice of it I bet we can STAY there! I love your blog. It's one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jere and Cara
    THANKS SO MUCH! That pretty much made my night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got our tire patched today...too funny! I love this post! Definitely exactly what I needed to read. The resentment and anger thing is so true and it's such an easy trap to get stuck in. Finding contentment in the little things like that is such a wonderful place to be in. I love your blog Tiffany! Thanks for stumbling upon my little ol space. In regards to your comment, Al and I were just talking today about some of the things I wore at school...many I wish I could forget:)

    ReplyDelete