Where I am Now has moved, searching new verylegendaryee...

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Learnin’ and Returnin’ Thanks

I am Thankful because…
I’m working and can be with Emily. She is pretty content to play by herself, but is able to come give mom a hug and kiss whenever she wants. Its pretty awesome.
What I have learned this week…
Copiers will break down when you need them most.
office-space-copier

Last Friday I really wanted to take a scene from Office Space and take the church copier out for a little beat down. But logistically it wouldn’t have worked:

The copier is huge.

I had Emily with me.

It wouldn’t have fit in my car.

I don’t have a baseball bat, just a wiffleball bat and a tennis racquet.

Please beating up office equipment isn’t fun alone. Its just plain crazy if you do it by yourself. Not to mention one of the deacons told me that it is leased to us, so then we would have to pay Ricoh back…Sooooooo, instead, I just did the Christian thing and turned the other cheek, and then went to Staples to finish our copies which needed to be done by Sunday morn.

I ALSO whined and pleaded and begged for a new copier, which I am glad to say will arrive later this month. TAKE THAT COPIER! You’ve Been DUMPED! That’s way worse than a beat down. You will miss me, but I have moved on.

What surprised me…
The weight I am gaining…its so depressing. I am getting older and my metabolism is too. I have to actually work out now. I know-I know…some people may be like WAH WAH WAH! But when you are one way your whole life, and then it just CHANGES on you, its an adjustment! I just didn’t expect to look in the mirror and be like “Who switched out my floor length mirror for a fun house mirror?”
What I am readin’…
New York, The Novel. I am on an American History kick again. It comes and goes. It started off with a series on Netflix, called America:The Story of Us. If you like American History put together in a fast-paced, aesthetically pleasing way, then I suggest you add it to your Instant Queue. Then I started reading my college American History text book, (Im nerdy, I know Nerd smile)  then I bought the novel. So far so good. I am going to be reading it for while. Just so you know.

0 comments :

Post a Comment