I was laying awake in bed and I heard a noise...It was like a thump or something falling.
If you have read my blog before, then you might be thinking "I've heard this one" BUT WAIT, this time it is different I promise.
I get up and use my iPhone as a flashlight. I tiptoe around the house and see that all is safe. I check on the baby and get back into bed. I'm not sure how much time passes, but I hear the thump again and then I hear a little voice say "I See You" (shudder).
I knew the voice immediately. Its Emily's Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Puppy.
Any parent that has this dog knows how obnoxiously sensitive it is. You look at it sideways and it will sing or tell you it loves you or even worse "I see you" .
I wake up the husband and tell him that I heard a noise and Emilys toy go off. He does his husbandly duty and ventures to discover the disturbance.
More time passes, a few seconds, a minute, I dont know, its dark and Im tired. I dont hear any wrestling so I follow him.
Nothing...there is nothing...But I heard the puppy!!! So I have to know what made it go off. I search around for it and it is on the floor between the base board and Emilys tent. There is no way anything touched it! What happened! And why of all the 20+ phrases this puppy says, did it have to say "I See You!"
I may never know.
I figure when I cant sleep its because the Lord wants me to pray. So I prayed. And I also came up with another solution...
If puppy is going to be creepy and wake me up at night, I'm putting it to work.
If anyone tries to come in uninvited in the middle of night...Puppy will let me know.
Sloman Shield aint got nothing on this dog!
0 comments :
Post a Comment