This is one of my first DIY projects and it turned out BEAUTIFULLY if I do say so myself. You can see some of my other DIY projects here. Some are successful and some are...well, you take a look yourself.
Basically I just bought some cheap bulbs from KMart and Walmart and some yarn. I hot glued the yarn and ribbon to the bulbs. I went through a lot of glue and yarn. That part probably took the longest, but I just did it while watching XMas movies.
I bought a styrofoam circle from Michaels and found a round metal circle just chilling in our church's Youth Group room. You can find all kinds of weird stuff there.
I started with the largest bulbs and hot glued them to the styrofoam circle first. Then I moved on to the medium sized bulbs and glued them to the inside and outside of the largest bulbs on the circle.
Next came the smaller sized bulbs...I just kinda filled in gaps and moved things around to where I thought it looked best. Last came the tiny bulbs and I glued them in as filler.
Lastly I glued my random metal circle to the styrofoam circle so that I can hang it. Im sure you can find ACTUAL wreath building material at Michaels.
I LOVE color, but whats fun about this project is that you do an infinite amount of color schemes.
So happy wreathing and happy XMAS!

0 comments :
Post a Comment