Where I am Now has moved, searching new verylegendaryee...

Friday, June 8, 2012

Adventures in Sewing Day Three

Monday I bought fabric and supplies.
Tuesday I opened the box.
Wednesday I made my first project
It is Thursday and we leave on Friday for vacation and I was GOING to have that maxi dress!
I found this blog and tutorial on Pinterest and I am ready to go.
Trying to sew with a toddler around is a bit of a challenge and space is limited. I also had to pack and I scheduled husband and I to see a foreclosed home for sale...good times. But when all was said and done I finished the dress!
The dress was a little shorter than  I wanted  and my belly looks larger due to the stripes :)

I sewed the fabric to a white tank and am wearing a pink one under that.  
AND I got to wear it on vacation!

The dress was a little shorter than I wanted, my belly really lifts the dress up. So I am thinking about adding navy blue trim to the bottom and using a navy blue sash/belt instead of using of striped one. I may even add pockets! Stay tuned. And THEN after baby is born maybe it might be a little more flattering.
All in all, I am happy that I made my dress in time for vacation and I learned this all in a week :)

I love my Fossil Watch and Fossil rhinestone jewelry. The bangles are from Old Navy.
Okay, so if there are any ladies out there that have any tips or tidbits I would LOVE to hear them!


BROTHER CP-7500 SEW Computerized Sewing Machine

1 comment :

  1. you're the cutest! i love the dress! GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete