Where I am Now has moved, searching new verylegendaryee...

Friday, June 8, 2012

Adventures in Sewing Day Two

Day Two on my sewing adventure.
Once I figured out how to work the machine and thread it and make some stitches, I now needed a smaller project to practice on before I got started on the maxi dress. I found a TON of websites via pinterest and started following a few blogs.
This blog is where I found my first project, a sunglasses case.
I finally found this years sunglasses too! (See why sunglasses are important to me here.)
I had two t-shirts that I could work with as fabric. That way I didn't have to spend money on fabric and worry about being wasteful.
I really was wasteful too! I used a LOT of the t-shirt fabric and a lot of thread. I basically made my cuts too big so I had to cut off a lot of what I created and stitched and quilted to have a snuggish sunglasses case.
In the end, here was my finished product. My first item I have ever sewed!

Two t-shirts later. Not super even but its only day 2 of sewing :)

My Lauren Conrad sunglasses from Kohls, they fit well enough. I also keep my  iPhone in here now. 

Random stitch in the back. Sort of, I had a lot more stitches closer together but had to cut it off.


In the end I am happy with the result. It doesn't quite look like the tutorial...but I think Ill get better. 
On to Day Three in my Adventures in Sewing. One day left until vacation, I NEED that maxi dress!

0 comments :

Post a Comment