Where I am Now has moved, searching new verylegendaryee...

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

God is Good... Part 2

This is a continuation of another post God is Good? Part 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 119:68
You are good and what you do is good; teach me your decrees. 



...During this same week I received a video sermon from my friends church.
The sermon was about prayer.

The sermon can be found here 
 It is only 37 minutes long. I listened while I did the dishes and made some dinner.
 I HIGHLY recommend it! 

The Pastor/Guest speaker brings up the Bible verse 1 John 5:13-14, and how there seems to be catch in praying to God.

13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.


IF it is according to God’s will THEN it will happen...
So is the stuff I am praying for not God’s will?

He goes on to say that if we take pleasure in pleasing the Father he will implant His desires in my heart.
Are the things that I currently desire NOT God’s desire too?

Then there are the purposes of God…Which are scary…
What if God wants the EXACT opposite I want, because it will glorify him?
And how do I know what God’s will is for my life?

Our purpose can be found in Romans 12:1-2
12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is —his good, pleasing and perfect will.


The Pastor said that our purpose is to offer our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy pleasing to God, this is our true and proper worship and purpose THEN we will be able to test and approve what God’s will is.

...His will that is good, pleasing and perfect.
There is that word again…GOOD.
So, Gods good may be different from my good. It is good to him if it glorifies Him. It is good if it is the purposes of God.
So What are Gods purposes that are good?

The Pastor went on to explain…
He wants me to know who he is. (This is a main teaching in the Beth Moore Breaking Free Bible study).
And when we have trials (and we will) it has a purpose and if I know God then it will be well with my soul…despite how my emotions feel. My soul will be well.
So can I trust God that his goodness is good for me?

To be continued...

2 comments :

  1. aww, that's really cool! glad i sent that when i did ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a great sermon and so much is packed into those 37 minutes. I had to listen again when Em was napping and take notes :)

      Delete