Psalm
119:68
You are good and what
you do is good; teach me your decrees.Continued from Part 1 and Part 2 and Part 3.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God is loving and merciful and I am believing in his Godly
goodness. Slowly.
I know he hears me because of these little things…
I took a break from the Beth Moore homework because it was a
lot to think about. I was being rebuked. But I think in the best way. Privately
between me and God.
Sunday morning Em woke up 3 hours earlier than usual so I
resumed my homework. And in one paragraph Beth Moore wrote out the hymn, “Trust
and obey for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus, than to trust and
obey”. I underlined it and made a mental note that I read that this morning,
because I knew I was going to hear that again.
And I did. In church J.
I was working in the nursery that morning, but they have a
TV in the room so you can watch the sermon and that same hymn was being sung by
our Pastor as the closing benediction. I was not surprised and was comforted. God was speaking to me. He hears me and he
sees me trying. I know he is pleased with that.
A couple days later I was feeling very slow and tired, but
not sleepy tired, just tired all over. So I put Em down for a nap a little
early and was so thankful she fell asleep and I decided to lay down too. I
didn’t think I would sleep but I did. When I woke up I went to resume my
homework. The homework called for us to look up a particular verse. Psalm 62:1.
As I flipping to that verse, I said aloud, to myself…
“I am so tired” and realizing that I just took a nap I felt
the need to correct myself and I said aloud while still flipping through the
pages, “My soul is tired” and then I found the verse and it said “My soul finds
rest in God alone;”
I got a kick out of that.
I do believe if you talk to God and read his Word and study,
he will talk to you back. You will hear him.
I am still praying and seeking and wondering if I am
doing what God wants me to do.
Am I praying for the right things? I still worry at times
if things are ever going to change.
I don’t really
worry about this stuff too much during the day. It is almost always when I am
awake at night or wee early morning hours. I think that is when the devil knows
my defenses are down. But I pray, I pray for others and I journal and I read
the Bible and do my Bible Study homework.
And eventually the answer comes to me and I can sleep
again and find rest for a little bit longer.
I think I have more to write...I think :)


0 comments :
Post a Comment