It was weird, on my way to work I drive past a couple of fields and in the fall and spring there are a lot of geese and they wander in and out of the road. Well on this morning there was one dead goose lying in the middle of the road and about 10 geese around it. It really looked like they were mourning the death of their friend. So I drive slowly around them and make my way to work. My schedule during this time was 10am-7pm so I got in later than most. I go into work and Im my chipper self and I say "Hey hows it going" to my collegue and he is like "Im okay I guess" and I just say "OH" and sit down. Across the little cubicle hallway, a co-worker says to me "so you get to stay" and I say "Until 7pm????" and she says "OH you dont know" FINALLY another co-worker comes to me and tells me that the company just laid off 23% of the people!!!! WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME!!! Where is the text or email from my boss...It was awful and embarrassing. UGH...well they tell me that they are letting me go too...but I get to stay 2 more weeks because of my contract. The 2 weeks turns into 4 weeks...than 3 more months, than another 3 more months and then eventually they hired me permanently 9 months after I started. I guess I was needed after all. I dont really know how the dead goose funeral fits in, but it was just weird.
Meanwhile I get pregnant, have another miscarriage, lose my cat and get pregnant again...it was a crazy 9 months...but nothing like the next 9 months!
0 comments :
Post a Comment